Looking back to the previous film, the Avengers is divided into a number of groups which will be united in Avengers: Infinity War in order to back to business of saving the world. There is no official synopsis on the movie up to now, but some versions have appeared telling the story of this heroic movie.
The movie is based on comic heroes released by Marvel Comics, while Marvel Studios responsible for the production and Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures is there to globally distribute Avengers: Infinity War. This movie itself is the sequel to The Avengers and Avengers: Age of Ultron.
The shoots were done on January 2017, and it is directed by Anthony Joe Russo. Avengers: Infinity War is written by Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely. And, the stars are no strangers to Avengers fans such as Robert Downey, Jr., Josh Brolin, Tom Hiddleston, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Evans, Jeremy Renner, Chris Hemsworth, Chris Pratt, Sebastian Stan, Elizabeth Olsen, and many more.
It is highly recommended to understand the roles and characters in Avengers: Infinity War in order to gain better experience while watching the movie.
Stars and Characters in Avengers: Infinity War
- Robert Downey, Jr. as Tony Stark/Iron Man – leader of the Avengers. He is also a wealthy and generous man and poses himself as a playboy, philantrophist, and billionaire. Tony designs his own combat clothing and does care about using his power to save this world.
- Josh Brolin as Thanos – an alienated creature who collects the Infinity Stones in order to make his wishes and wants come true
- Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner/Hulk – an Avenger and also a genius scientist. He becomes Hulk after being exposed to gamma radiation, and turns into the creature while he is angry or anxious. He appeared in Thor: Ragnarok, and the continuation of Hulk can be found in this Avengers: Infinity War
- Tom Hiddleston as Loki – the adoptive brother of Thor. He is also a deity from Asgard
- Chris Evans as Steve Rogers/ Captain America – leads other faction of the Avengers. He was a frozen 2nd World War soldier only to wake up in the modern world. Steve Rogers might not play the role of Captain America in this Avengers: Infinity War. It seems that the scene in which he dropped his shield in Captain America: Civil War is the sign of his retirement. We do not know exactly for sure what kind of role Steve Rogers will play without his shield.
- Chris Hemsworth as Thor – an Avenger and also the King of Asgard. He has important role here, similar to Hulk. This movie is the continuation of Thor: Ragnarok
- Jeremy Renner as Clint Barton/Hawkeye – a master archer and former SHIELD agent. He joins Rogers’ faction.
- Chris Pratt as Peter Quill/Star-Lord – a half-human and half-celestial who happens to be the leader of the Guardians of the Galaxy. He was kidnapped while on earth and raised by thieves and smugglers called as the Ravagers
- Elizabeth Olsen as Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch – a member of Rogers’ faction who is able to make use her hypnotic, telekinetic power and witchcraft skill.
- Sebastian Stan as Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier – an ally and bestfriend of Rogers who was brainwashed by Nazi scientist and thought to be dead in the 2nd World War.
- Benedict Cumberbatch as Stephen Strange – a neurosurgeon who was suffer from a tragic car accident and seek healing method and discover a world full of magic and another hidden dimension. He becomes the Master of the Mystic Arts
- Paul Bettany as Vision – an android and Avenger created using JARVIS artificial intelligence and Mind Stone
- Cobie Smulders as Maria Hill – former commander and SHIELF Deputy Director, and works hand in hand with Nick Fury
- Benedict Wong as Wong – one of the Master of the Mystic Arts and responsible to the protection a number of relics and precious books of Kamar-Taj
- Zoe Saldana as Gamora – a member of the Guardians of the Galaxy. Being an orphan from an alien world, Gamora seeks redemption for her past crimes. She was trained by Thanos to be his personal assassin
- Karen Gillan as Nebula – an adopted daughter of Thanos raised together with Gamora as siblings. She is a reluctant member of the Guardians of the Galaxy
- Vin Diesel as Groot – a Guardian member appears as a tree-like humanoid. While in the Guardians of the Galaxy, Groot was still too young. He is now in the search of mentor and model himself after.
- Dave Bautista as Drax the Destroyer – a member of the Guardian and a soldier who seeks revenge against Thanos fir killing his family
- Bradly Cooper as Rocket – a member of the Guardian who is also a fortune seeker and an assassin. He is good at using weapons and knows a lot about battle tactics
- Pom Klementieff as Mantis – a member of the Guardian who has emphatic powers and able to read what other thinks when she touches him/her.
- Scarlet Johansson as Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow – a highly skilled and trained spy, and former SHIELD agent and also a member of the Avengers.
- Benicio del Toro as Taneleer Tivan/The Collector – an obsessive keeper of intergalactic species and relics, and also a fauna collector
- Tom Holland as Peter Parker/Spider-Man – a teenager and also Stark’s protégé who gains spider-like abilities after being bitten by genetically-modified spider
- Anthony Mackie as Sam Wilson/Falcon – a member of the Avengers of Rogers’ faction who has the skill of aerial combat using a specially designed wing pack
- Chadwick Boseman as T’Challa/Black Panther – the king of a fictional nation of Wakanda and gains his power after consuming heart-shaped herb.
- Danai Gurira as Okoye – the head of Dora Milaje, the all-female Wakanda special forces who serve as T’Challa bodyguards
- Paul Rudd as Scott Lang/Ant-Man – an Avenger of Rogers’ faction. He is a former criminal who has special suits which enables him to shrink in scale and control ants
- Don Cheadle as James ‘Rhodey’ Rhodes/War Machine – a former US Air Force who operates Iron Man armor. He is an Avenger also.
- Letitia Wright as Shuri – T’Challa’s sister and a princess of Wakanda who designs new technologies for her nation
- Jacob Batalon as Ned
- Isabella Amar as Sally
- Terry Notaris as one of Thanos’ followers
- Tom Vaughn-Lawlor as a criminal whose role is unidentified yet
Curious about the story? Read the following synopsis whose materials we gathered from a number of sources
This movie tells the heroic efforst done by the Avengers and its allies to keep protecting the earth from a threat too big for a hero to conquer. The new and threathening danger comes from the cosmic: Thanos. His only purpose is to collect the six Infinity Stones. They are artifacts whose power is unimaginable. The power of the stones will be used to make his dreams come true into reality. This moment is attained thanks to the enduring efforts done by the Avengers.
Though the official synopsis of the movie remains unclear, the spoilers available on the Internet come into the common agreement about what will occur in the Avengers: Infinity War. One of them is the cooperation between the Avengers and the Guardians of the Galaxy to fight against Thanos, the only greatest and powerful enemy in this series.
The Avengers, who is suffer from separation in Captain America: Civil Wars, then realize that no effort could be made if everything is done separately. This is the main reason behind the reunification of the Avengers. Thanos is not their only enemy. There a numerous antagonists appear on this movie. Among them is Magus, which is in the comics is told to be the dark side of Adam Warlock. Then there Loki Laufesyon makes another comeback, and will provide information to the Thanos. The Collector is another antagonist previously appeared in the Guardians of the Galaxy. It is said that Skull, who appeared in Captain America: The First Avenger, will play his role in this Avengers: Infinity War.
This synopsis might be far from perfect, and I’m sorry for that lack of quality. We will continue updating this synopsis.
If you are a fan of the Avengers, then you should never miss this movie which is scheduled to be released on May 4th 2018 in the United States.
Avengers: Infinity War Trailer
Avengers: Infinity War Details
Director: Anthony Russo, Joe Russo
Producer: Kevin Feige
Screenplay by: Christopher Markus, Stephen McFeely
Based on: The Avengers by Stan Lee, Jack Kirby
Casts: Robert Downey Jr., Josh Brolin, Mark Ruffalo, Tom Hiddleston, Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Jeremy Renner, Chris Pratt, Elizabeth Olsen, Sebastian Stan, Benedict Cumberbatch, Paul Bettany, Cobie Smulders, Benedict Wong, Zoe Saldana, Karen Gillan, Vin Diesel, Dave Bautista, Bradley Cooper, Pom Klementieff, Scarlett Johansson, Benicio del Toro, Tom Holland, Anthony Mackie, Chadwick Boseman, Danai Gurira, Paul Rudd, Don Cheadle, Letitia Wright, Winston Duke
Production company: Marvel Studios
Distributor company: Walt Disney Studios, Motion Pictures
Release date: May 4, 2018 (United States)